What is Tramadol?
Tramadol is an active ingredient that is used in several drugs taken for pain relief. It is a pain relieving medication from the class of drugs as codeine, morphine and oxycodone. However, Tramadol is somewhat weaker compared to these medications. It is a prescription – only medicine, hence you can avail this drug on a valid prescription written by a qualified medical practitioner. Pain medication Tramadol is taken in the treatment of moderate to severe pain, for instance, post surgery or severe injury. This drug is marketed under the commercial name Ultram, among others.
This drug is also taken in the treatment of long-standing pain in cases when weaker pain medications no longer work.
How does Tramadol work?
This drug is taken by individuals to alleviate pain in the affected area by blocking the signals of pain from the nerves to the brain. It works in a similar manner as morphine and increases the action of the brain chemicals, namely serotonin and norepinephrine.
What forms of Tramadol are available?
Tramadol is the active ingredient in this medication. It is available for sale in multiple brands, that come with different:
- Appearances ( shape, size or color)
- Forms (long-acting pills, injection, capsules or drops)
In case you have been prescribed tablets or capsules of this medication by the doctor, you must ensure to take it in the exact manner as recommended. Some of them are ingested few times in a day while other are ingested only once or twice in a day.
Furthermore, you may also be prescribed sustained-release formulations (SR) of Tramadol Pills that work in your body for a long period of time or extended-release formulations (XR) that work in your system for a considerably long period of time.
Important facts about Tramadol
- Very common side effects of Tramadol may include feeling dizzy and sick.
- It is advisable not to take alcohol while undergoing treatment with this drug as your chances of suffering from such side effects as extreme drowsiness increase greatly
- There is a possibility of you getting addicted to this medication, though it is a rare occurrence if you are ingesting it to get relief from pain and the treatment is regularly being monitored by your doctor.
- Tramadol is also known by trade names such as larapam, maneo, invodol, mabron, marol, oldaram, tradorec, maxitram, tilodol, tramquel, zamadol, tramulief, zydol and zeridame.
Who can take Tramadol?
This drug may be ingested by adults as prescribed by the licensed medical professional. Children over the age of twelve years can also take this medicine under the strict supervision of the doctor.
Who cannot take Tramadol?
Taking Tramadol is not suitable for some individuals. Buy Tramadol online to ease the symptoms of chronic or acute pain. You should inform the pharmacist or doctor prior to starting the treatment with this medicine in case you suffer from the following health conditions:
- Addiction to potent pain drugs, alcohol or recreational medications
- Allergic reaction to Tramadol or other medicines in the past
- Head injury
- Breathing problems
- Reaction to other powerful pain relieving drugs in the past
- Lives or kidney disease